Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Viewed Properties Today

The day started early with a trip to the Regions bank to meet with the bank Manager. We now have a bank account set up for our new LLC and it has one cent in it...haha...Randy will be wiring money from our Hawaii accounts to our Indy accounts so I can start buying some properties

Today I looked at, I think, 10 properties all of which were single family homes. We had an appointment to view a four-plex but the we got a call saying they already had an accepted offer. The properties I looked all had an ARV (after repair value) of between 70-90k. Once they are fixed up they can be purchased for about 70% of the ARV and have rents from $650 a month to as much as $1,000 a month if you were to do a lease option.

I was hoping to make some offers on properties today, but it is 0:30p and I've been waiting on some details from the agent/investor that showed me the properties and haven't received anything yet...so it looks like I'll be writing offers tomorrow. I've identified 3 properties that I want to write offers on out of the 10 we viewed. The properties I viewed today needed rehab work from as little as $3,000 to as much as $15,000 and everything in between. I did have a contractor meet me at a couple of the properties to make sure my rough estimates were in line with what it cost here to get work done. Tomorrow, I'll double check the numbers that I'll hopefully receive sometime tonight and then drive the neighborhoods and write some offers.

I will also work on loading some videos to our Realestate-Extreme.com website. Just watch for the "Indianapolis" tab to show up on the left and that's where you'll find them.

No comments: