Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Day

I had a busy day yesterday, Thursday. I spend the morning uploading those videos to the website so everyone could see some of the properties I was viewing. The afternoon I spent at Starbucks with a local investor, Steve, just talking about the market and opportunities. We spent about 4 hours just hanging out and talking story it was very informational.

There are a lot of good things going on here in Indianapolis and the market seems to be getting some steam, according to Steve. Preston the guy I spent Wednesday with viewing properties has seen a big increase in people buying up properties. He was telling me that if you don't make an offer within days of a listing and get it locked up...you just may end up in a "best and final" offer situation, basically a bidding war. It seems the key to success here is "acting quickly" when opportunity presents itself.

My plan was to submit 3 offers, but come to find out 2 of them are HUD properties that are still only available to "owner occupied" buyers and I will have to wait until the 27th in order to make an offer on them as an "investor" aka "non-owner occupied". HUD properties require them to be offered to ONLY "owner occupied" buyers first 10 days of the listing. Once that 10 days is over if there was not a high enough offer or no bids the property is opened to ALL buyers and bids will then be opened daily.

So, at this point I have one offer pending and today I'm going out to just drive neighborhoods just to check out different areas that we are interested in. If anyone from the our last tour here has any properties being rehabbed that they want me to check out just shoot me an email or text with the address and I'll check them out and get you a video of the progress.

I'll be going out again on Saturday to look at another 10-15 properties with Preston who is a local realtor we've been using. If you guys have any questions for me you can make comments here and I'll respond each night or shoot me an email directly.

No comments: